Find the balance between staying connected with your children and providing a family life to support raising your happy and healthy children into confident young adults.
Carmel Privitera has many years of experience supporting parents through the joys and stresses of Parenting and Family Life, working directly with parents and children to increase understanding of issues and implement strategies that support the unique strengths and challenges parents and children face in today’s ever-changing and complex world. Carmel is trained in Circle of Security Parenting and therapeutic principles based on attachment theory and neuroscience.
Strategies are individualised and based on developmental stage and age with the aim of strengthening skills, lowering stress within families, increasing parental confidence and enhancing the quality of family life.
Some of the issues that we help families work through include:
- Attachment and bonding
- Disability and significant developmental delays
- Bedtime and sleeping issues
- Managing behaviours and parenting
- Setting boundaries and family rules
- Mealtime and eating
- Quality time with kids, partners and as a family
- Self-care and carer fatigue and burn-out
- Depression, anxiety and stress
- Coping and building resilience
- Divorce, separation and co-parenting
At Collaborative Psychology we are happy to be associated with Sharyn Ferris, Psychologist at Samford Village Psychology.
Sharyn has extensive experience in working with mums and bubs. Sharyn is also registered with Medicare as a Pregnancy Support Counsellor.
Appointments with Sharyn may be made by contact or online